Saturday, February 10, 2007

New Images - February 10, 2007

Welcome!

Winter isn't the easiest time for me to shoot; it's cold, the days are short, and nature's colours are dull. This is no reason to pack up the camera gear, however. Sure, fewer opportunities means we have a little more time to shop for good deals on used gear, and make sure cameras, sensors, lenses, tripods, bags, flashes, batteries, chargers, accessories... are clean and in tip-top shape, but it's a great time to learn, too.

I set a goal for myself - 1,000 pictures a month over the winter. That's approximately 30 pictures a day. That means I have to go out every day and look for inspiration: new objects, new composition, new techniques. It hasn't been easy, but I think it's really been paying off. My hit rate isn't quite what it was in the summer or fall, but I'm getting some pictures I'm really happy with.

I have many more on my photo site, but here's a sampling of some of my favourite pieces.

Please enjoy, and email me any comments, or post them here.


Lip prints on a steamy window.



A screw under blue paint on a rainy day.



An old Toyota in the snow.



Sea smoke on Halifax Harbour.



Thanks for sharing.

Matthew Greer

6 comments:

airbiscuit said...

The last pic is amazing.

Brian Larter said...

love the last pick. it looks like an amazing cover to a book.

Angel said...

Sea smoke on Halifax Harbour is indeed beautiful! Wow.. Keep it up. :)

Anonymous said...

i love the shot of the harbour--excellent!

Anonymous said...

Halifax Harbor never looked so good. Beautiful, high-drama photo. I like it a lot, Matt.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the atmosphere in the misty image is breathtaking.