Sunday, December 17, 2006

New Images, Dec. 17, 2006

The days are still getting shorter, so with less light, it means more time to spend on the computer side of things. I've been busy getting Photoshop tutorials ready, and catching up on the last bit of my photo editing. I've just posted several new images on my website:
www.picasaweb.google.com/mgreerphoto

The new images are all in the 'New Images' folder. Quickly though, here are a few of my favourites.

The first three are from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I had always wanted to walk across the bridge to Dartmouth, so my friend Matthew Hollett and I got up early one morning in November to capture a beautiful sunrise. Minimal processing done to each image - just a matter of capturing the right light.


A view of Dartmouth with the ferry going by.



Warm early morning light painting the bridge yellow.



The moon shining high above the bridge's supports.

All of the above images shot with a Nikon D70s and Nikkor 18-200VR in RAW - processed with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and ACR.

The next image is the male end of an electrical plug - shot with a Nikkor 28mm 2.8 and a reversal ring. Getting the image sharp and steady was difficult, but I really enjoy the results!


Male electrical plug - beyond macro.



And finally, also shot with the Nikkor 28mm, this time mounted normally:


Two Honda motorcycles - both yellow - but not much else the same.



The EXIF info for all of these can be found in the album itself - click on More Info to the right of the image.

I plan to have my next tutorial cover Curves in Photoshop CS2 - both for editing exposure (brightness/contrast) and for adjust white balance. Check back in a couple of days!

Thanks,
Matt Greer

No comments: