Sunday, April 29, 2007

New Images - April 29, 2007

Hello.

The seasons are changing, and I'm trying to learn some new techniques, so I've been shooting a variety of different subjects lately, and hopefully many more to come.

In just a couple of weeks, I will be moving from Halifax to Calgary. There, I'll be working at a new job (hopefully), have a new home, finally be in the same city as my girlfriend (fiance, but I like the word girlfriend more), and have a whole new world to explore. It'll be a busy time, but I'm really looking forward to the many (photo) opportunities that lie ahead.

Please enjoy the following images. I am (perpetually, it seems) working on blog posts about night photography, and about digital pinhole photography. I'm trying to build up a respectable collection of images to go with each post, and having a blast taking them.

I have many more on my photo site, but here's a sampling of some of my favourite pieces.

Please enjoy, and email me any comments, or post them here.


My nephew Dawson. I quite like this image, and it has just (today!) won me a photo competition. The prize? A Canon A640.



A view just outside of Truro, NS.



A snow angel at sunset.



Me and my fiance, Amy, on Bell Island, NL. Fill light was an SB600 triggered wirelessly.



Mussel shells on a dock pulled out of water.



My friend Susie during a recent photo shoot. Shot in bright daylight with an SB600 triggered wirelessly - background underexposed and flash used to fill shadows and bring Susie forward.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great lighting throughout!

Anonymous said...

Really nice photos, Matt--it looks like you've been busy! Congratulations on winning the camera! What an honor. I can see why; the baby photo is beautiful.
Which contest was that, by the way?

Sounds like you're in for some good changes in your life - I look forward to seeing new photos after your move.

Digital Picture Frames said...

Your photos are beautiful. Great job, I'm anxious to see more!